The first person most customers encounter at a financial institution such as a bank or credit union is the bank teller. Generally, bank tellers are responsible for assisting customers with financial transactions such as deposits and withdrawals, and cashing checks. Most bank tellers have additional responsibilities related to banking services and financial products. They may process loan payments and provide account information to bank customers.
Your resume should reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities that you have required as a bank teller. A prospective employer wants to know whether you can handle common financial transactions and interact positively with customers. Make sure that you describe your experience with routine transactions and other responsibilities while working at a bank.
The following is a sample bank teller resume to help you articulate past and current duties related to the job. You can use this as a template to customize based on your professional experience.
Bank Teller Resume Sample
Gloria T. Maxwell
7890 Main Street
Anytown, GA 30281
Home: (555) 123-4567
Cell: (555) 987-6543
I am seeking a bank teller position with a reputable financial institution where I can assist with the banking functions that support customers. I want to utilize my skills and abilities in managing monetary transactions while assisting customers with a variety of banking services.
Summary of Qualifications
• Over 10 years of bank teller experience
• Detail-oriented, organized professional
• Proficient in accounting and banking software
• Excellent aptitude for mathematical problems and quantitative reasoning
• Friendly and positive attitude
• Dedicated to providing superior customer service
• Can work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Familiar with various banking accounts including retirement, savings and investments
• Cash handling
• Accuracy and speed
• Data entry
• Balance ledger
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
First National Bank, Atlanta, GA
May 2003 to Present
Daily interaction with customers to meet their banking needs. Answer questions or make referrals to the appropriate department or senior manager. Respond to customer inquiries regarding financial products and account balances. Accept and process customer deposits. Assist customers with loan and credit card payments. Maintain and cash drawer on a daily basis without shortages. Use 10-key and other equipment to process transactions.
BBE Credit Union
August 2000 to May 2003
Was responsible for managing customer banking transactions. Promoted banking products and services by developing flyers; processed referrals for sales. Provided outstanding customer service. Career highlights during employment include:
• Selected for Lead Teller position – entrusted with high-level problem-solving and decision-making situations. Was responsible for training new tellers on standard banking procedures and techniques to secure sales.
• Awarded Sales Star award twice during tenure at BBE.
• Received company stock and cash bonus awards for outstanding performance.
Bank of Florida
February 1998 to June 2000
Responsibilities include the handling of various banking transactions and account reconciliation tasks. Provided account inquiries to customers either in-person or over the telephone. Informed customers of the various financial products offered by the bank. Trained bank teller new hires.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance
Florida State Community College, May 1998
Available upon request